Friday, October 24, 2014

Haul: Callie’s Picks - Immortal Kiss


Remember how in my last Callie’s Picks post I complained how I already owned most of the items in the release? Well, this time it's the other way around. Even though that I've been registered on Stardoll for seven years now there was a long period ( around two years) during which I was relatively absent and I missed a lot of interesting things. One of them was the Mortal Kiss store and boy, did I regret that one. I remember logging in and purchasing a few things. After I came back I browsed thorough the bazaar but I was reluctant to pay hundred of Stardollars for the things I missed out but every once in a while I would sprung for a stunning item like the Golden Skirt or the Sheer Maxi Skirt. So for me this issue of Callie’s Picks was more than a pleasant surprise even in spite the lack of the boyfriend clothes.


As you can guess from the written above, I went so overboard  in my attempt to catch up. I'm honest to God surprised that I didn't bought out the entire store (and so grateful that I didn't given that we got a new LE yesterday!). I fully realise how impractical most of these things are and I must admit that the transparency and the shiny textures are a bit too much for me but was just so happy to finally be able to have my pick from Mortal Kiss that I didn't gave that much thought. Just think of this haul as my indulgence to the 16-year-old in me and as such I'm gonna try to keep the descriptions shorts.


1. Sheer Crop Patches Blouse - 12SD
    I can't pin point why I like this blouse so much. I just feel it will be way more practical than it seems at first sight. The transparency actually works to it's advantage as it will be easily paired with different colour schemes and the patchy details are a very fun, casual touch. I can't wait to style it.
2. Black Draped Skirt - 10SD
    I like draped clothes - both on Stardoll and in real life and the colour of this one is so magically unusual - it's grey and plum and eggplant - I love it and I think it would look great both with dark and light schemes! The only think that bothers me is the see-trough part - it could be either a hit or a miss.
3. Cavalli Inspired Maxi - 22SD
    I've said it a hundred times before - I love maxi skirts and dresses! They may not me as versatile but they are so much more fun to style. And I already have an awesome outfit with this one lined up to prove that to you. 
4. Serpent And Orb Purse - 9SD at Callie's Picks, bought for 5SC from Mortal Kiss
    This is one I got, miraculously, when the store was in the Plaza. And how could I not? Just look at how awesome it is. 'Nuff said!
5. Ruffled Lilac Dress - 16SD at Callie's Picks, bought for 56SD at the Bazaar
    Very girly, very adorable and a bit retro (may be it's just me but I sense a flapper vibe). It may not be versatile but it sure as hell is memorable!
6. Valli Inspired Top - 14SD
    Just by looking at my haul I think this is my wisest purchase. It's a classic piece - very simple and  elegant. Additionally, it's one of the few clothes in which the transparent motive actually works to its advantage.
7. Black Bra - 5SD
    I have no idea what's whit me and bras - I just adore them and want more and more even though  they are rarely visible. I know it's irrational but I can't help myself.
8. Shiny Smoke Jeans - 9SD
     I have mixed feelings about these. On the one hand, the texture is interesting, the colour is interesting and I think they have some potential. On the other: the design is a bit outdated and I would've preferred them on the grey/silver side rather than the blueish but still I believe I can work with them and put together a few interesting outfits.
9. Jimmy Missing Wedge Shoes - 9SD
    These are so practical and contemporary I just couldn't pass them up. I can imagine how cool they will look in monochrome outfits. Pure awesomeness!
10. Veil of Darkness Hat - 7SD Callie's Picks, bought for 6SC from Mortal Kiss
     As a headpiece this rarely can be styled in way different from an mourning widow look (mind you, I've seen quite interesting interpretations of that one!) or, at best, a darker historical look. BUT when layered with other black skirts the veils have great potential.
11. Mercy Top - 7SD Callie's Picks, got it for free from The Vote
     I was so happy when I got this from the vote I actually screamed out loud - it's lovely and classical but I can see it in a more contemporary look as easily as it would fit in a vintage/period one.
12. Golden Skirt - 12SD at Callie's Picks, bought for 160SD at the Bazaar
      Do I regret paying so much for it? Yes, sure I do! Do I think it's worth it? Of course it does - this skirt is so stunning I can't put it to use. The colour is gorgeous, the design is so elegant and the quality is top notch - the texture, the drape, the lace lining - all perfect. It's lustrous and rich and damn difficult to style, by the way! So, I'd advise you to give it a careful thought because an outfit with it could be a hit or miss.  
13. Mercy Sparkle Draped Top - 18SD
     It sparkles! Honest to God, that's the only reason I got it was that girly voice inside my head. Given that I hate the Glitter Skirt that goes with it, I only have a couple of ideas four outfits.
14. Moon Denim Skirt - 14SD
      This skirt is so not worth the 14 Stardollars I paid for it but I like denim clothes with a twist and I love the idea behind this particular one. It tells a story and it's too unique to pass it by. 
15. Versus Inspired Pleather Jacket - 18SD
     Yes, it's a bit too shiny and the model is a bit weird but the colour is so trendy right now I just couldn't pass it up.
16. Charcoal Obi Bow Belt - 78SC
     Interesting StarCoin piece, which I would've liked way better if it was in a solid colour, still for coins - it's a steal. 
17. Mercy Skirt - 16SD Callie's Picks, bought for 12SD from Mortal Kiss 
      This was the last of the few items I bought while the store was still in Plaza. That was back in my Gothic phase and the draped slit skirt just spoke to me. Unfortunately I've only used it a couple of times and currently it's too transparent for my taste. I'm sure I can put it to use, I'm just not sure what yet!
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment